Holiday Gifts


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Christina here:
Holidays are a bit different in custom here. For instance, if it's my birthday here, I save up money and give everyone else a gift, instead of them giving to me. I like it! Same goes for weddings, anniversaries, etc. Yesterday a couple here in town was celebrating their wedding anniversary. They had saved up money and bought a load of clipboards for the older children. (Sheryl & I have seen the older students from other schools carrying these clipboards, which are used during this final examination time.) The couple dressed up in their nice clothes and came to the orphanage to present the clipboards to the children. What a great way to celebrate! Even more impressive is this Indian couple--they are practicing Hindus, but they gave their anniversary gift to a Christian orphanage instead of a Hindu temple or Hindu religious person. They said they wanted to help support the work they see happening here. Wow. We see this kind of thing a lot. The non-Christians in this area have a lot of respect for what these Christians are doing. The results are obvious and numerous. We've had requests for more pics of the children, so here you go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb