JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (6)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad » New Santoshnagar
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (6)

11th July, 2009.

Actually I intended to stay in Ujjaini upto 14th. Before starting the tour, I came to know that a group of senior citizen devotees, of Guntur and Vijayawada are conducting homams/yajnams for about a week in Ujjaini starting from 12-7-2009, under the guidance of one Brahmashri Vadlamudi Venkateswararao garu of Guntur who is said to be a great exponent of Sri Chakra Aradhana. Through some of the friends known to me in Guntur I sent word to Brahmashri Venkateswararao garu that I would be very eager to meet him in Ujjaini during the conduct of homams under his direction. But the problem of accommodation in the Dharmasala and my visiting all important places in Ujjaini and witnessing the glory of Mahakaleswar and worshipping him to my heart’s contentment and the long tirtha yatra journey ahead of me, made me to decide to leave the City on the morning of 12th July, 2009, Sunday. After visiting all other important places of Ujjaini in the morning, we leisurely spent the evening in the Mahakaleswar temple, sitting in the hall before the Sanctum Sanctorium and reciting Shivastrothams and witnessing the Puja Karyakramam of Mahakaleswar. We returned to the room from the temple by 8 p.m. Shri Bhatnagar, the Administrator of Dharmashala is in his office and I met him and thanked him for providing accommodation without any prior reservation and intimated him that I would be vacating the room next day morning. I informed that I would be going to Chittoregarh via Ratlam. He suggested that it is a long route and I can reach Chittore garh via Jaora which is the shortest route.

12th July, 2009 - Sunday.

We started at 7-00 a.m. from Ujjaini and reached Chittoregarh via Jaora and Nimach by 4-00 p.m. which is at a distance of 264 k.m. from Ujjaini. For more than 100 k.m. the road is in a worst condition and we could travel only at a speed of less than 20 km per hour. We stayed in Hotel Padmini which is one of the finest Hotels in Chittoregarh. (Room Tariff Rs.1100 for AC double Room). As we have tired because of bad road condition, we decided to take rest for the day in the Hotel. For the first time, I have taken out my DVD and relaxed seeing the old picture Missamma and enjoying the excellent food offered in the Hotel. One Thali was sufficient for both of us and the items were very tasty.

HISTORY OF CHITTORGARH OF RAJASTHAN
Chittoregarh is another name for valour of Indian Rajputs. It is known as a Nagari of Bhakti and Shakti. Rani Meera Bai, the spiritual poetess, is known for her devotion to Lord Krishna. Her melodious songs are well known in the Indian Devotional Literature. Folklore says that her love for Krishna was epitomized by her final disappearance in the temple of Krishna in Dwaraka. She is believed to have entered the sanctum of the temple in a state of singing ecstasy after which the sanctum doors are believed to have closed on their own and when later opened, the sari of Mira Bai was seen enwrapped around the idol of Lord Krishna, symbolizing the culmination of her union with her Lord.
Similarly the valour of King Rana Pratap, His famous Horse Chetak, which name was adopted by Bajaj Scooters, Rana Sang, Rana Kumbh and the beauty of Queen Padmini. The City is the epitome of Indian Warrior Caste Rajaputs’ pride, romance and the spirit of people choosing death before surrendering against any one. Now this is all history. There is nothing to be seen there except the ruined Fort and the symbols of past glory. Queen Padmini preferred death to abduction and dishonour and committed jauhar, an act of self immolation by leaping into a large fire, along with all other ladies of the Fort. All the men left the Fort in saffron robes to fight the enemy unto death. There is a hillock in the shape of a corpse, which is said to be the burial ground of thousands of brave men (about 32,000) died in the War. The Fort at Chittoregarh also contains the ancient and beautiful temple to Goddess Kali known as Kalika Mata Temple.
13th July, 2009 - MONDAY
After breakfast, we started at 8 a.m. to visit the City of Chittore and the famous Fort, said to be the largest in Asia. Just before entering the Fort, a student-guide stopped us and offered to show all important places in the Fort and explain their importance at a charge o Rs.50/. We took him in our Car and visited all important places, the ruined palaces, temples, etc., in the Fort and returned to the Hotel by 12 noon. After Lunch, taking a brief rest, started our journey at 2 p.m. towards Ajmer which is at a distance of 190 k.m and reached Ajmer by 5 p.m.
Just before reaching Ajmer my Cell Phone stopped functioning. Outward calls are not going. The heat of Rajasthan started showing and A.C. was not functioning in the Car. So I decided to take rest on Tuesday attending to the repair of Car A.C. I have taken the car to an authorised Maruti Servicing Centre who said that there is nothing wrong in the functioning of the A.C. except the coil needs cleaning. He had attended to that by charging Rs.160/. Then I started enquiring about non functioning of my Cell. The dealers of the cell examined the cell and stated that there was something wrong which they could not rectify. I have shown the Cell to 4 to 5 dealers who could not rectify the mistake. Fed up with the enquiry, I thought of purchasing a new cell of either Reliance or Air Tel. Finally, one Dealer informed me that there was some defect in functioning of all BSNL Cells and requested me to contact the BSNL office.
Finally, before purchasing a new Cell, I went to BSNL Office and enquired about non functioning of my Cell. They informed me that there was some break down in the towers at Jaipur and the BSNL Cells were not functioning for the last two days, the Engineers of BSNL are attending to rectify the defect and at any time the Cell may start functioning on its own and asked me to wait patiently as there is nothing wrong with my instrument. This relieved me of my tension as without Cell I felt fish out of water unable to contact anyone.
HISTORY OF AJMER
In olden days Ajmer is known as Ajay Meru. It is a very beautiful city surrounded by Aravalli Mountains. This city is once ruled by the famous warrior Prithivi Raj Chauhan - The famous story of Rani Samyukta and treacherous king Jayachandra. Now Ajmer is famous for Roses and perfume laboratories.

STATUE OF PRTHVIRAJ CHAUHAN.

Ajmer was conquered by Muhammad of Ghori, founder of Delhi Sultanate. Now Ajmer is famous for the Dargah, tomb of the most revered Muslim Sufi Saint
Khaja Muinuddin Chisti known as Gharib Nawaz or Benefactor of the Poor. This Dargah is situated at the foot of the Taragarh Hill, and consists of several white marble buildings arranged around two courtyards, including a massive gate donated by Nizam of Hyderabad, a mosque donated by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the Akbar Mosque, and the domed tomb of the Saint. The Emperor Akbar, with his queen, used to come here by foot on pilgrimage every year in observance of a vow he had made when praying for a son. It is my wish since a long time to visit this holy place which is fulfilled on 15-7-2009 - Wednesday.


THE DARGAH OF THE SUFI SAINT.
Originally said to be a Sanskrit College, the mosque was said to have been built by Md.Ghori in just two and half days!
15th July, 2009 - Wednesday.
Today morning we started at 7 a.m. and proceeded to Pushkar town which is at a distance of about 20 km from Ajmer. Pushkar is famous for the Pushkar Lake and the 14th century Brahma temple dedicated to Lord Brahma, the God of all creation. This is the most celebrated site for the worship of Brahma. It is well known that by the curse of Lord Maheswara there is no worship and temple for Lord Brahma except in Pushkar. Pushkar town is also famous for its annual Camel Fair. Just before entering the town we met a Purohit Guide by name Pandit Parasar. He took us to the Pushkar Lake and on my request arranged for a separate purohit for worship of Pushkar Lake and til tarpanams to ancestors. He told me that whatever is given goes to the Brahman Sangham and there are no fixed rates and it is the will and pleasure of the pilgrims. I paid Rs.111/- to the Brahman Sangham and they have taken ungrudgingly and performed the rituals to my satisfaction. Then the purohit guide took us to Lord Brahma’s temple. We had the darshan of Lord Brahma and we prayed him seeking our welfare and good destiny to follow in the remaining years of our life. After breakfast in Pushkar we returned to Ajmer by 10-30 a.m. and proceeded to visit the Dargah of Sufi Saint Md.Salim Chisti. After parking the Car at a distance of less than half a kilo metre, we engaged an Auto for Rs.80 for taking us to the nearest point to the Dargah Gate. The Autowallah took us through narrow lanes and byelanes, ups and downs, steep turns, etc., and I felt walking half a k.m., distance would be more comfortable than travelling in this Auto through these lanes. We had leisurely visited the Tomb of the Sufi Saint and received the blessings. An atmosphere of peace and sanctity pervaded the entire area inspite of several pilgrims in the Dargah. I have purchased Rose Lehyam at Pushkar and Gulabi Attar near Dargah.

THE PUSHKAR LAKE


In the Afternoon we visited the Taragarh Fort, a Jain Temple, the Anasagar Lake, etc., and took rest for the day. It is said that qawalis at the Dargah on Thursday and Friday nights are worth seeing.

OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT



RAGHAVARAO U.V.G.V. DUGGIRALA,

HYDERABAD, Dt.30th AUGUST, 2009.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb