4 Lesser Known Places in Andaman That are Worth Exploring


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

If you are one of those people who love traveling and yet like to stay away from the most popular touristy things and like to go off beat, you would surely enjoy visiting the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The island town located off the Bay of Bengal is one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the world and is replete with the most stunning natural beauty you will find anywhere.
Whilst most people come to Andaman to visit the beaches, indulge in water sport activities, and see other touristy places, the island town has plenty of other hidden gems, which are not very popular. If you have an eye for exploring the lesser known places and traveling the lesser known path, you can look for a package tour that promises to take you offbeat. The best thing about Andaman tour package cost, which explores the lesser explored places, it is quite affordable for all and you can be sure to take back lot of amazing memories that would last a life time. Some of the hidden gems of Andaman that are worth exploring are as follows:

The Bartang Island

Located about 90 kms from Port Blair, the capital of Andaman Islands , the Bartang Island is one of the lesser explored places and it continues to remain far from the regular tourists; only a few who know about the place come here to witness the unprecedented beauty the place has to offer at their own leisurely pace. Surrounded by lush greenery, thick mangroves and uncharted forests, the island is also home to one of the most unique natural landscapes, the limestone caves. The rocks inside the caves are formed over a million years and if you look closely, you would find traces of the ancient marine life on the walls.

Diglipur

The only flowing river in the Andaman, Kaplong River, is located in Diglipur Island and it is known for its fertile land where you can find rice and oranges in abundance. Not to mention, since the beaches on this island are isolated, the marine life here is unique and untouched. It is one of the best eco-tourism spots in the world and it provides the visitors a rare experience to enjoy the natural beauty at its best and in its purest form. The vast expanse of the greenery and the cool blue sea, it is an ideal romantic gateway where you and your partner can just chill your feet and enjoy the tranquillity and the peace.

Rangat

Another beautiful yet lesser known tourist’s attraction in Andaman, Rangat is located in the middle Andaman and is known for its pristine beaches, fairy tale-like landscapes, surreal waterfalls and the most unique flora and fauna. Amongst all the other beaches in Rangat, the one that deserves a special mention is the Aamkunj Beach, where you can eco huts and groves. It is also ideal for swimming in the ocean, sunbathe and just relax without any disturbance of the glaring eyes or nagging sellers. If you have had enough of the beach, sand and the sea, you can head off to the Panchvati Hill , which is nearby for a trek.

The Inglish Island

If you are a wildlife lover, there is no better place than Inglish Island to witness the animals roaming around freely in their natural habitat. Abode to radiant coral reefs and unique wildlife, the Inglish Island is every nature lover’s delight. Whilst doing your research on the Andaman tour package cost , make sure that you choose a package that includes a visit to this island in the itinerary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.454s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb