Getting the hang of things


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
April 8th 2017
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Flower MarketThe Flower MarketThe Flower Market

It was really worth a look.
Geo: 22.3214, 114.173

8th April, 2017

We slept in, had a coffee at McDonalds, went to the street bakery which there is plenty off and bought a pork roll and cakes, very nice.

Caught a taxi to the Flower Market, just wish I could have bought some of the plants home, incredible really worth having a look at and today being Saturday it was packed, we have been warned not to do much on Saturday and Sundays.

Walked to the Gold Fish market, heaps of bags of fish, tanks with turtles in them a whole street with fish hanging in bags for people to buy then next door a shop that sold the tanks, food and anything else you needed. Getting to the Market we walked through the Electronic market, huge with a lot of clothes as well for teenagers, so packed with people it was really overwhelming.

We then walked to the Bird Market, that was an eye opener so many beautiful birds enclosed in tiny little cages it just seemed cruel to us. Quite a variety of birds I have never seen but sad to see them all enclosed in tiny cages.

Looking for a taxi back to the hotel we walked down
Flower Market AgainFlower Market AgainFlower Market Again

Just loved it!
the pet market, rabbits and cats on sale (at least they were still alive). People saw the market across from the hotel, with a floor of fresh meat, 2nd floor with vegetables and in the centre of the floor they were selling cats, dried ready for the next meal!

I booked a day at Shenzhen City today so will get to see a small part of China on Tuesday. We then went to the lounge at the hotel and met up with people we have got to know over the last week, free wine and nibbles for 2 hrs, before going over to the Chinese restaurant for a great meal again, the waiter tonight said it was Yummy Yummy tonight, delicious last night. We walk in and they find the english menu for us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Bird MarketBird Market
Bird Market

Interesting little birds
Albeno BirdsAlbeno Birds
Albeno Birds

Pretty interesting little birds
Bags of FishBags of Fish
Bags of Fish

Live fish for sale, stores all along the street had bags of them hanging outside.
Turtles in Tanks Turtles in Tanks
Turtles in Tanks

He was looking at me, felt like he was asking me to take him home!


8th April 2017

Poor little cats!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb