Awesome time in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 22nd 2017
Published: February 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Four days spent in Hong Kong! Could've spent longer here but we're not made of money! It's so freaking expensive! It's worse than London! For example an Urban Decay Naked Palette is £58 over here! It's £37 in the U.K. and USA! Everyone here has money though so I guess they can afford it.

I've loved people watching over here, something I've noticed is there are a lot of very well dressed people. I'm not just talking well put together, they're wearing more named brands than a chav exiting Dagenham market! Except these are legit Gucci shoes and Prada hang bags they've got. There are even shops like Dior Jr and Fendi for kids!

Among the high end stores which are EVERYWHERE I managed to find a H&M on our first night here, we've packed for heat, Hong Kong is currently very cold, defo not flip flop weather, so I had to buy a pair of jeans... slipping into them I was strutting around like Kendall Jenner on a catwalk, I never realised how much I would miss wearing jeans and converse on this trip! #firstworldproblems

We saw the Symphony of lights while at Victoria Harbour, it's a light show done in time to music, you get a great view of Hong Kong Central from here. The next day we managed to find our way on the trains to the Centre of Hong Kong. We got the tram all the way up to Victoria Peak, it's so steep it's like being on a rollercoaster! We spent a lot of our time here being typical tourists, taking pictures, ohhing and ahhing at stuff and complaining about the amount of time spent queuing!

We had two choices when it came to theme parks, Disneyland and Oceanworld. I spent a while looking over the Trip Advisor reviews, and despite really wanting to visit Micky Mouse & co, the reviews for Oceanworld were just too good to miss it out! I'm so glad we didn't because it was fantastic!! It's set in a mountain which to get from one side to the other requires you to get on a cable car, which was exciting in itself, definitely not recommended for those with a fear of heights. Lots of cool rides but the main excitement of the day for us was the various aquariums and animals they have! We spent ages watching Walruses, Sharks, Stingrays and Kangaroos, it was awesome!

On our last night we went to Happy Valley Racecourse, which is a horse racing venue! It was so much fun, I've only ever been to the dogs before, this was exactly the same except they aren't chasing a stuffed rabbit and have a little man on their back whipping them to go faster. We won twice in the end taking $140 back with us, we were still down overall though, coz we're big gamblers don't you know!

Hong Kong has overall been expensive but awesome, I would highly recommend!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb