Hong Kong Delights


Advertisement
Asia » Hong Kong
September 18th 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was a strange and bizarre train journey from Shanghai to Hong Kong...one that I don't particularly care to experience again! The 27 hour train journey, (traveling 3rd class to save money) was to be a ‘quiet’ time for me and my book, perhaps update my trip diary and feed myself from my bag of groceries. Nothing says train journey like a loaf of bread, jam, instant noodles and coffee! As I... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 124, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Giant BuddhaThe Giant Buddha
The Giant Buddha

From the bottom of the steps...
The Giant BuddhaThe Giant Buddha
The Giant Buddha

from the TOP of the stairs! No sweat!
The Giant BuddhaThe Giant Buddha
The Giant Buddha

Now THATs some wind hair!
The Giant BuddhaThe Giant Buddha
The Giant Buddha

Candid Roni
Banwell Development Ltd.Banwell Development Ltd.
Banwell Development Ltd.

Can you believe it?! I've NEVER seen a store with my last name! (other then my family's businesses)
Banwell Development Ltd.Banwell Development Ltd.
Banwell Development Ltd.

The owner and her customer who translated for me. I think the owner was a little frightened by my enthusiasm though...
Banwell Development Ltd.Banwell Development Ltd.
Banwell Development Ltd.

Can you see what the door says?!



2nd October 2006

There's names for girls like you!!!!
I can't believe you did that! I'm glad you were able to ditch the guy so easlily! I loved Hong Kong. One of the cool things I did was take a ferry to a small island called Chung Chao, or somehting like that. There are no cars there. I rented a windsurfer and sailed in the South China Sea. And of course the tram up Victoria Peak if you haven't done that yet. Enjoy!
2nd October 2006

how about me?
Haven't you used your father for money at least once or twice in your life?
3rd October 2006

Lovely gal with lovely lencounter!
Hahaha, baby! Of course lovely gal is bound to attract unnecessary attention. Anyway, you should be proud of yourself that you're the "choosen one"! What do you think he chose you and not other "white" gilrs in the train? Did you do anything to him that aroused his "desire" to possess you? Love.
3rd October 2006

of COURSE not!
Oh Daddio, common, out of all the kids...I'm the one who DOESN'T use you for money;)
3rd October 2006

We are just almost ready to leave for the airport. Ted, Kym, Paul and I are off to the med. for a 12 day cruise and a couple of days in Barcelona. I am sure our adventures will be pretty tame compared to yours. Sounds like you are having a super adventure and wow, heart stopping experiences. Will look forward to your blogs when we return. Love, Ted and Ruth
3rd October 2006

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can't WAIT until Jenn reads this. I know we're just so proud of you!!!! Careful though, fate is going to bite you in the ass for this one. I don't think it'll be serious though...the "beings that be" understand that a girl's just gotta use what her momma gave her sometimes. Got it? Work it. Love ya sooooooo much!!! Can't wait to have you home!!!! MUAH! B.
6th October 2006

Men
Another demoralized and destroyed man left behind in your wake. And you're not just domestic anymore.
6th October 2006

Poor Krysta
Poor Krysta, since when did we develop a conscience? Kidding! Sounds like the train ride was pretty adventurous. I must say though, it's amazing how you can be half way across the world and then you see a sign that reminds you of home. That is pretty crazy that you got the business cards with your name on it from that store. And you just had to scare a few innocents to get them.
10th October 2006

Banwell Development Ltd.
well according to the words on the glass door they sell organic vegs......you should've bought some from them! anyway that's the beauty of cosmopolitan HK - you're never too far away from home.
22nd November 2006

no more floor for me!
krysta. yes, i'm just getting caught up on reading your blogs! it was great having you here. had a lovely time and am really glad that you were my first visitor! i've redecorated the apartment (finally got an extra bed...no more sleeping on the floor for me!) and am finally getting settled. i'm glad you enjoyed hk. come again anytime!
17th April 2007

Po Lin
The Po Lin Monastery looks really nice. Tranquil AND vegeterian...sweet! At least I know you're not using me for my money...or if you are, you'll be disappointed! Hong Kong sounds like another great place. Another place I'd like to visit.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb