Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So we arrived in Hong Kong late on the Friday. Managed to find the hostel pretty easily thanks to Jamie's Superior Navigation Skills! but the room was a little bit of a disappointment. We didn't have internet in our room so had to walk down 2 floors to the lobby to get on and even then only till 11pm. Plus the air conditioning was about as effective as some one blowing on you through a straw.

Once we got all our stuff in and showered we went for a wonder around. And even at 2am the place was packed with people. It was a friday night i suppose but there were no bars or clubs.... all shopping centres. We were surprised at how busy it was. The next day we woke up and went into Hong Kong Island. Saw all the sky scrapers, went to Hong Kong Park, looked around SoHo and went on the Peak Tram. This was a little tram packed with people that went up the mountain at a 60 degree angle. Almost need climbing rope to stay stood up properly. When we got to the top we had a really nice view of all of Hong Kong.

After a full day or tourism we went back to the hostel and met a guy from Brighton, Sam. He'd been there a week or so and offererd to show us were all the bars were... like a good englishman should. So we had a night on the town. Loooads of fun drunkenly talking to all the other white people in the bars (Because we can't get enough of that back in England!). Spent alot of money though. A drink costs on average £6.

So that was our first proper day in Hong Kong, which was shattering. The rest of our time in Hong Kong was a collection of us wandering about and seeing the parks, zoos, science museum, shops etc. We befriended a Local as well who kindly showed us to an hour long ferry to a small island looking out towards Hong Kong. So we chilled on the beach for a day, had a swim in the sea (which was wicked considering its been about 32C all week with relentless sunshine). On another day we went on some cable cars to another mountain. There wasn't a great deal up there, just a giant buddah and some shops including a SUBWAY! (Oh Yes!) the actual cable car ride was the best bit because it was quite long and high and had a glass floor! so we cud see lots of Hong Kong from all angles! (except up).

That's the majority of the trip so far other than a few little funny stories here and there (Such as the recycling centre which was labelled: "Litter Cum"). We're waiting at the airport now to fly into China and meet our school so i guess the next update will be when we've settled into our new home and school in LouDi. Peace x



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb