A whole new world .....


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 12th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were supposed to go to Disneyland yesterday but it was raining and there was a typhoon warning. The weather was a lot better today so I finally got to go to Disney and act like a big kid for the day. Although, the place was full of middle aged Chinese men so I didn’t feel so ashamed haha. The funniest thing was seeing 3 business men in suits on the cups and saucers. They looked like they were having a great time; they had the whole hands up in the air thing going on. As soon as the doors were opened for an event they would physically run to the front. Disneyland Hong Kong is popular with people from mainland Chinese. They probably haven’t seen any thing like it in there like so I imagine it’s a pretty big thing for them. My guidebook describes it as a lame branding exercise aimed at mainland Chinese visitors. It’s on a smaller scale than Paris and Florida but I still had a great day. It was nice to get away from the busy streets of Hong Kong. It was also nice to feel young and care free. Disney has that effect :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



12th January 2010

A whole new world
Who was that you were goofing around with? What a fab time you seem to have had the pictures have been great. Have a safe journey home, look forward to speaking to you soon. Love Auntie Peckett PS wrap up warm
16th January 2010

Lucky you!
I am majorly jelous! (the whole trip!)

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb