DAY 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
December 26th 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



After 16 hours spent on a plane due to the 4 hour delay we were all glad to get out of there. I slept for the duration again. Although the majority of us were bunged up due to the “regurgitated air conditioning full of coughs and splutters” spirits were high. When we arrived at the Hong Kong airport and we were bedazzled by the decorative displays and the cheap rocky road ice creams. Catching the high flyer buses we arrived in the city where the lights and atmosphere led to even more bedazzlement.

Getting to Ah Shan, our hostel, proved a task for Mum and Keith. We went about three different directions before arriving at the correct destination. When we finally arrived it was truly quite overwhelming. Leanne and I couldn’t help but glance at each other as we didn’t really arrive in the lap of luxury to what we were expecting. When shoved into the 10 person elevator, which I would recommend if you were claustrophobic only 5 people to enter at a time, we were taken up to the reception of the hostel. It was then explained to us when the shocked looks on our faces were recognised that due to the over population of the city these were luxury to some people. When we got our bearings and had time to put things into perspective we realised that our accommodation wasn’t half bad. It was clean, comfortable and the showers in the wet room proved to be better than the one we have at home.

Later that night we took a wee dander around the streets of Hong Kong. The lights were amazing. It was literally advertisement after advertisement after advertisement. Mum wanted to have some street noodles but if you knew my Mum you would realise she can’t stand anything grubby or dirty. I finally spotted a street side restaurant respectable enough to sit down in, and it turned out to be lovely. It was our first experience of real Chinese food and it was so tasty. Leanne didn’t really have anything as she was too tired to function so as soon as we finished we headed back to the hostel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



27th December 2009

hope your having fun, your a very odd lady :D you know it wasn't me that caused it hopefully chat soon xxxx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb