Everyday is a fun filled day - Part 1


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Olivia!Olivia!Olivia!

First time in HK, real Chinese food
Miss Olivia G. arrived to HK last Monday on the 6th of July. Since then, we've been going out everyday experiencing every bit of HK possible and this is what I've got.

The shopping. It is definitely insane. There is stuff as cheap as 5 dollars a shirt (and it's a stylish one) to something like Prada. Olivia thought that things would be cheaper here than in U.S. but isn't... and maybe she's right but the choices you have are vast. Every corner you turn, you will find something, you will always find a mall, you will always find something you will like. It's not like U.S. where there are certain spots you drive to, to shop. No. There is just rows and rows and rows of stuff.

The food. Too many to try. If any of you decide to come, you must have the seafood. Unfortunately, Olivia didn't get to do that but she did have sushi! It's fresh 😊 We've had real Chinese food, fruits you can't really find in U.S. and stuff like "tofu flower", bubble milk tea (legit one!), REAL soya bean milk etc.

The weather. The first thing you will notice when you
OLIVIA!OLIVIA!OLIVIA!

Her leg. She don't want to get her picture taken, she just got off the plane
step onto the lands of HK is the humidity. It will clothe you instantly. You would wish the heavens would turn the AC on. The good thing is, if you have thin hair, your hair would "puff" up and look good.

The sight seeing. The first thing Olivia did was going to The Peak. You can see the whole of HK up top and it is absolutely stunning at night. We went during the day but I will find a photo online showing you the night. It's also just as stunning when you see HK at night at the harbor. Once again, Olivia didn't see that - there is too much to do - but every night at 8, there is a laser light show... I haven't gone to see that yet but I will sooooon.

The night life. There is no place like HK for night life. Like there is no place like Thailand or Singapore. We have such a unique nightlife atmosphere, it's absolutely great fun.
**THERE WAS A BEER FEST IN HK. And it was INSANE.


That's it for now! Come back for Part 2


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tsing Ma BridgeTsing Ma Bridge
Tsing Ma Bridge

HK's famous bridge
Chinese RestaurantChinese Restaurant
Chinese Restaurant

see the fishes?
And again?And again?
And again?

Mum told me that they don't eat the big big big fish because it's their 'treasure', says a lot about the restaurant
Old buildings painted brightOld buildings painted bright
Old buildings painted bright

On the way to The Peak
The Peak TowerThe Peak Tower
The Peak Tower

This is located on The Peak, one of THE places to go for sight seeing. It looks over the whole of HK
Old TramOld Tram
Old Tram

It doesn't move, it's a info center
RestaurantRestaurant
Restaurant

It USE to be a train station


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb