Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 5th 2009
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Goldfish MarketGoldfish MarketGoldfish Market

where you can buy a baby turtle for 20p
Hi everyone and sorry for the delay in posting the following blog (we are a couple behind now....).

Hong Kong

After being a bit down in our last blog we can start by saying that we LOVED Hong Kong!

We arrived in Hong Kong on 19 December hoping that the hotel we booked and paid for before setting off in October would be ok. Kelly had sorted out all the details and all I knew was the area that we would be staying (Mong Kok). Kelly was a bit nervous that it would be a dive and I was of the opinion that anything with sheets and air con would be a bonus. To say that we were delighted with the Langham would be an understatement, it was fantastic and outside our honeymoon is the best hotel we have ever stayed at and just what the doctor ordered.

Local to the hotel were the main markets of Hong Kong - Ladies, Goldfish, Jade and night markets which were just the ticket for some last minute Christmas shopping. We filled our couple of days with a bit of sight seeing the highlights being a trip up the cable
Our lush padOur lush padOur lush pad

What a great way to end this leg of the journey!
car to check out the views and the laser show over the harbour.

Our other mission for Hong Kong was to fill our faces with something other than noodle soup which had been a staple in Vietnam and most of SE Asia. I am please to report that it was mission accomplished (and then some….) Every where we turned we were presented with a myriad of options, all of which were bloody great. A big thanks to Dalal who has recently moved to Hong Kong for taking us to a Dim Sim restaurant near the ferry terminal that we would never have found (sorry can’t remember the name of it).

If we ever get the chance to stop over in Hong Kong en route to NZ again we will jump at the chance as it has it all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

City viewCity view
City view

after one crazy tram ride..


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb