"What we have here is failure to communicate"


Advertisement
Asia » Hong Kong
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

“We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto,”…Toto…Toto…dear God, some one has eaten Toto! Just kidding, I haven’t seen any rotisserie dogs thus far, so you can stop gasping ladies. I have only been gone for five days, but I thought I’d check in. I’m slowly adapting back into the swing of traveling. It’s not easy, especially the older you get. The sixteen hour flight took a toll on ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




21st September 2007

Happy for you!
Hi J, Glad to see you are safe and sound...if not a little itchy. I can't wait till you publish your first book of adventures. I will be the first to buy. Safe travels.
21st September 2007

Looks like you're off you a great start. Keep us updated, you know we're all so envious of your travels. I sent you an email earlier this week - hope you got it.
22nd September 2007

It has begun
Lack of communication, single file lines, and being shorter than some people (I bet you're like the jolly bald giant). Now, all three Curl brothers have been to Hong Kong. Well, good job seeing the best of the Kong on $2 a day. Sounds like you're having a great time. Keep'em comming.
22nd September 2007

On to Beijing
Looks like you got to see alot of the good things Hong Kong has to offer, and it looks like the weather was nice. When you get to Beijing, definitely eat dumplings there - - they are a northern dish and Beijing is famous for them. Another good, cheap dish for which Beijing is famous is ¸qb (Zha jiang mian) - - it's a bowl of noodles, with a brown meat sauce. Look for it if you go to Hong Qiao - - which is a market where you kind haggle for all kinds of crap. Enjoy the Great Wall -- it's one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.
23rd September 2007

sounds like fun! while i was in jamaica, you were eating some dumplings and hanging with buddah! the pics are awesome- i'm jealous!
25th September 2007

ahhhhh, the little people
Hello Jeremy, its little Cheryl from Hannahs wedding :) Sounds amazing....bed bugs and all! Ive been stir crazy for two weeks wanting to travel...I think its the weather changing makes me want to jump on a plane. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :)
27th September 2007

My travillin cuz!
Ohh Jeremiah! Your travels have finally started! I can't believe that you are actually travelling all over the world. I am so happy and excited for you. I bet one could see you from all the way over one of their major streets(with their average height of 5 foot)!!!! I love the journal and look forward to the rest of them. Angie, Taylor and I all send our love. Take care of yourself and don't believe in any of those chinese magic cure all potions. I heard that they can make your feet shrink!!!!!!! Talk to you later.

Tot: 0.428s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 31; qc: 116; dbt: 0.1492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb