Ready to Return


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
September 1st 2005
Published: September 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Seven-Legged Spider

This was quite a journey, and thank G for his watchcare over us. Nearly 15,000 miles to bring home our beautiful princess. What a trip!

Our final full day in Asia…it’s been a long journey, and we enjoyed every minute of it (well, maybe not EVERY minute, but most of the minutes). At the same time, we are SOOO looking forward to going home. When the trip started on August 18, we tried to imagine what life would be like on our return flight to the U.S., and, well…it’s pretty much come true…and then some. Some things we didn’t bargain for were the illnesses and soreness. Mama and baba are still struggling with a cough (keeping us up at night) and baba’s got some various aches and pains (sore foot/ankle, mild chills). I’ve got my foot propped up with ice as I write this. Sarah was mildly intrigued by baba’s infirmed state, but hasn’t stopped her from messin’ with baba.

Boo-boo’s developed a little impish sense of humor, which really cracks us up. She loves the “Want some? Can’t have it!” game. She offers us something (like food), and then when we reach out to grab it, she pulls her hands back and guffaws! She really thinks she’s pretty clever—which we think too. We have no idea where she’s learned it from…it wasn’t us! She’s also taken to doing some impersonation…of me. Apparently she was awake one time while I was asleep, and she heard my snoring. So now, whenever she wants to tease me, she’ll let out a deep roar and smile at me. 😊 Good thing I have a sense of humor too.

We had dim sum with the Lims today near James’ workplace. We just let James order, and just about everything he ordered, Sarah sampled and liked. We’re not sure if a 15-month old should be eating such rich food, but she’s not picky about what’s on her plate: buns, rice noodles, meatballs, sesame paste, chicken, mango pudding, etc. As they say, “It’s all good.” Michael and Natalie have really grown up! What a difference 6 months makes.

The Lims told us about a great bargain shopping emporium on the other side of Hong Kong Island, so we took the bus to a town named Stanley and walked around looking for the ultimate deals. We came away pretty much empty handed, but it wasn’t because the bargains were lacking. We just were a little tired and our hands were full keeping Sarah in a good mood, so we didn’t really look too hard. We were thinking that we might have to buy another suitcase to bring home the goods, but it never materialized. Oh well, so we didn’t spend money…that’s not so bad.

We appreciate the pryers as we return home. Our flight departs around 11:30 tomorrow morning and we arrive in SF about 9:45 am (West Coast time) where we’ll spend a day in Oakland with friends and family. We’ll leave for LAX at 9:45 in the evening and arrive back around 11:00 pm. By then, the PVBC youth camp will have already begun, so we’ll remember all of you in our thoughts and pryers too. As for coming up to Idyllwild…it’s looking pretty slim. We’re pretty worn down from our illnesses and I just need to soak my foot in an ice bath!

As I finish this blog, Sarah just rolled off the pillow and smashed her forehead against the nightstand. Can you guess how she’s doing? Well, there’s no blood, and Stacey’s comforting her. I, on the other hand…what a comforting and compassionate father I am. I just looked at her and continued typing. She’s OK now…she’s playing with the bag of baby wipes. I suppose we’ll have many more “near catastrophes” in the future, and we pr G will just protect her and give us wisdom and compassion to deal with her. Maybe she’s just tired and we need to get her down to bed.

See you soon! Take good care of yourself, and thanks for reading our blogs. Your comments and emails have really been something to look forward to each night (too bad our internet connection has been less than ideal). We’re going to save everything you wrote and put it into our files for Sarah’s memory book.


Advertisement



1st September 2005

1st September 2005

thanks for sharing!
I have so enjoyed reading abut your travels and adventures as new paretns. Brought back so many memeories of our trip....we, too, stayed at the Y Salisbury-same view as the Pennisula next door, but 1/3 of the price! G even blessed us with a 12th floor room with a harbor view! And yes, you all got that "china cough"-we had it too and it was pretty stubborn-just to warn you! Looking forward to meeting Sarah. Will pry for safe journey home.
2nd September 2005

Simply...AWESOME!!
Sarah is simply Awesome, adorable and a real cutie!!We can't wait to see you guys upon your return. You guys look like the perfect family. The photos are heartwarming and so precious!! Thanks for sharing your life experiences with us.We will pr...for your health and safe return!!
2nd September 2005

Awww...Dad!!!
What a Dad...nuff said. Thankfully our Father is NOT like that. He doesn't just see us get hurt and leave us (ok, no more guilt trip! I know she's fine...and if you feed into it, well then you're raising a drama queen!). Can't wait 'til you're all home!!! Maybe I'll even hit the cell in the AM while we're driving up to camp!!!
2nd September 2005

Showing off Sarah
I was checking in with you guys online at Marvin's new office open house and was touched by the absoulutely adoreable pictrues of Sarah being Sarah (very happy most of the time) and was showing everyone the pictures on the screen. We're all pr--ing for here at home!

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb