Things to do in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I have seen much of Hong Kongs tourist sites the past week. The places are interesting enough. but not none have been worth a full blog entry. I've decided to put them together. Into a super blog. Hope its not super boring.

Hong Kong Film Archieve
Was so looking forward to visiting here. Made the long journey on the island line on the MTR to get there, only to find that the place was under refurbishment. I only got the chance to see some memobrellia from before 1980. The movies that I wanted to learn about, such as Hard Boilded, Killers and Infernal Affairs triology were made in the 1990's.

Victoria Park
There was a large police presence when I arrived. The day was the 10th Anniversary of Hong Kongs handover to China. Their was a planned demostration to take place and the meeting point was here. Had a walk about to see what was inside the park. There was tennis courts, handball courts, jogging tracks and football pitches everywhere.
I sat down and watched a few locals who were playing football. Got asked if I wanted to play. Only played for a few minutes when the rain
HKHKHK

Film Archieve
came on. Game was abandoned. It was so funny to see whole family who were having picnics in the park scarpering around trying to find somewhere to stay dry.

Central Library
The library was at one of Victoria Parks exits. A perfect place to go to escape the rain. Interent access is free and tourists can take out short term memberships. There are 6 floors and I found a large section full of maps and tourist guides. Was a nice change to sit down and read them in a relaxed atmosphere, instead of standing in a shop.

Nathan Rd.
The place to go to buy anything in Hong Kong. The Road is very long and has a host of electronic shops, tailors and resturants. The side streets are a lot more interesting. In the smaller streets you will find the jade market, flower market, bird market and further north lots of saunas. Most markets are open all till midnight and they are very busy late in the afternoon.

Star Ferry
As Hong Kong is made up of a large number of islands, travelling by boat is very comon and easy. The Star ferry is the oldest company
HKHKHK

The street markets getting ready for business
and by far the most famous. I took the ferry from Kowloon to Hong King Island(Central). Even though the weather wasnt brilliant, it was still worth the trip. The skyscrappers in Hong Kong Island make for an interesting view, even if you cant see the tops in some of them.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

HKHK
HK

ninja turtles
HKHK
HK

side street of Nathan Rd


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb