Jelly Bugs


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

To me jelly bugs sounded like harmless little critters closely related to tiny teddy's and jelly babies. After sporting a rash all over my back for the last three days I have realised they weren't so friendly!

Last I left off we were on our way to Gayana Eco resort to go snorkelling and live the high life. We did both and basically had the place to ourself. It was a bit weird having an entire restuarant to ourself, Lara described it as like being on the bachelor. We sat there while hundreds of fish swam under the wharf we were sitting on. Pretty cool.

We had a day in Macau which turned out to be more than enough. It claims to be the worlds largest gaming destination, bigger than Vegas. Unless the Chinese are cooking the books this isn't quite right. The gambling is different with more electronic gambling , and virtually no poker machines. There is a new Venetian and MGM grand being completed this year though that should change things a lot.

We are now in Hong Kong where it is bucketing down rain , thus the update to the blog. Since being here we have pretty much done it all including ticking off the last uncharted realm of the Disney empire which I have now conquered (pretty small actually but interesting to know it is built entirely on reclaimed land).

Lan Kwai Fong rocks for anyone heading to Honkers. Lots of bars and nightlife. Great fun.

It is 10 years since Hong Kong was handed back to China and a government spokes person on TV was saying that in ten years they had not been overly successful in educating Hong Kongers on Chinese history and that quote "most still believed in the Tianamen Square massacre". Hmmmm

In todays rain we ended up at the History Museum to learn how the poms were so desperate for a cup of tea they waged war on China and got Hong Kong for their efforts.

Tonight we are off to the sunshine of Spain.

Christian



Advertisement



27th May 2007

Yo guys
Hi Guys, Glad to hear you are having fun. Not sure of your plans but if you are coming to London love to catch up. I am hoping to get down to Valencia for the AC on about the 23rd of June, so not sure if you are around there then. Anyways glad to hear you are having fun Bella xx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb