Hong Kong - Wish Upon a Star...


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
July 21st 2005
Published: July 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mmm had a lie in. Hot and sunny - no rain - the weather forecast lies. Dave got his photos put on CD on Lockhart Road. Met Jo and Kath and went to see the inside of HSBC - I'm sure they thought we were casing the joint with all the photos we took!
Then returned to Lan Kwai Fong for vietnamese in a scary little place where they took us upstairs in a lift - it looked like a bit of a dive but it was packed with locals for a good reason! - and XTC on ice ice cream (if only we'd got a loyalty card sooner!)
Finally got to go on a star ferry - apparently you haven't done hong kong if you haven't done this but it was all that - we did the harbour tour which was very relaxing but probably not worth it - the ferry is a cheap way to get to Kowloon/Lantau though and you can pay on octopus and you see just as much. Jo and Kath left us to take their bags to their new hotel so we went back to the avaiary in Hong Kong Park - it tropical stormed on us but once we were soaked anyway we perservered - the people at the avaiary were lovely and gave us ponchos and let us go in for 10 mins even though they were just about to close. Just like the terradactyl cage in Jurrassic Park III - very cool and saw a pelican!
Then were going to Victoria Park but only got as far as Times Square (electrical shopping mall) which was rubbish. No but it was rubbish.
That evening went to Pizza Hut (the power of advertising) in TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) and Temple St Night market near Jordan. It was great fun to wander through one of the many tat markets at night but there wasn't as much choice as ladies market (only CK fakes - no gucci) and they weren't as much fun to bargain with as in Beijing (if you walked away they wouldn't call you back). Still managed to buy a cool old style paper turning clock and a super tacky gold waving cat that you see everywhere here. Dave also got a night time scene of Hong Kong - I think we're going to make our living room night time themed - with Matt's painting of Times Square and the light up Nastro sign! Beer and Rockstar INXS - ace.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb