The Heat of Disney Was Too Much So We Went to The Pool


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
August 18th 2006
Published: November 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Disney ParadeDisney ParadeDisney Parade

The usual parade
The Hong Kong Disneyland was no where near as big as the one in Paris, so the day and a half that we had left was probably about right. That said, we didn’t bank on all the queues which were excessive. It was clear that there were not enough rides for the number of people who were allowed to enter. We even had to wait for 45 minutes when we had the Fast-passes.

There was a very impressive 3D movie, involving the special 3D glasses. I had never seen anything so effective. Our daughter was waving her hands in the air trying to grab things as they came towards her.

As in Bangkok, everyone was interested in our blond daughter again, which she was very pleased about (see Bangkok Sights, Sounds and Smells). We seemed to be the only westerners in the whole park.

Another factor that made it hard going was the heat. Combined with the humidity it was on the verge of unbearable. We regularly went into the shops in order to cool down in the air-conditioning before heading back out for another go. Eventually, we couldn't face it any more so we gave up and the swimming pool back at the hotel was an essential retreat from the heat. Our son and daughter loved the waterslide, so who needs to queue for the rides.

After an afternoon chilling, it was off to the airport for the final flight back to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Disney HotelDisney Hotel
Disney Hotel

The Disney Hotel and the cooling pool


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb