Lamma Island hike


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lamma Island
February 22nd 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Route



As the sun baked down, our three intrepid explorers made there way through the lush green mountainous island. Heading from Yung Shue Wan (area josh lives in,) to Sok Kwu Wan on the other side of the island. The island is covered with steep concrete paths that make walking round Lamma fairly easy. Spaced out along the paths, in areas with great views are these Chinese pagodas. The one we stopped at on the way back was a godsend with its cool breezes and comfy seating. Sok Kwu Wan is a much smaller, quieter place that seems to be made up mainly of the fish farms and seafood restaurants that are famous in Hong Kong. The restaurants actually have there own ferries to bring in customers from the city. It's a very picturesque place with large mountainous areas surrounding the bay.

As you can see it was a bit of a trek and I got sun burnt! We stopped in a seafood restaurant; I chickened out of the seafood because you have to choose what you want while its alive in the tank! I couldn't do it! But you're be pleased to here I used chop sticks, it was a hard core operation but someone had to do it!

Love You Loads

Claire and Will xxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



28th February 2006

Chicken! Any meat has to be killed to be eaten!! Lamma sounds gorgeous though.

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb