Markets Galore!


Advertisement
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
July 24th 2014
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, Today was a pretty awesome day full of sights, smells, tastes, rain, and of course the ever presence of sweat pouring out of every single possible area sweat can come from. I had the day off from going to the hangar and I decided to try to make the best of it. I was thrilled to have Russ along with me today as my travel partner. We met for breakfast at 8:30 and at 9 we caught DB03... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




24th July 2014

Stuck in my mind
Hey Ian, you ought be a tour book writer -- you write so well -- and with great interest. Oh your inquisitive mind for experiences -- I envy you checking all the things out that you do. It seems that you are going to be able to experience enough different things that you will probably start to have some real interest in returning to HK in the future. Yes the concept of entering a high rise to return glasses and have the name of the high rise be the same name as the owner of the glasses would seem to me to be surreal in terms of the backdrop to this reality of how it came to be that the high rise and the new plane fit a rational picture of reality for these people. Nothing here has changed too much. Lighting hit one of my plastic woven ropes holding one of my antennas and literally vaporized about a 100 feet of it. I could find no signs of any of the material from which the rope was made. It caused some minor damage with the internal electronics in the house. The strange thing was what few small pieces that I found, were completely frayed but upon close inspection there was no signs that it had been heated from lighting -- I expect that all the damage was caused by an acoustic energy blast. Hey man -- keep cool -- here's luck to you on your assignment -- will comment later.
24th July 2014

Great Stories.
Ian, I am really enjoying your daily accounts and photos. We had lunch with one of my Navy friends and British wife yesterday. He worked for the government and had several too-year tours there. He became fairly high up and they did a lot of social entertaining. I gave him your blog and asked him to send you any suggestions he may have. It has been 20 or more years since they were there, but he was interested in your trip. He became fluent in Chinese. His name is Roger.
26th July 2014

I finally got all your blogs so now am caught up on your activities and pictures. Absolutely awesome.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb