Day 3 Buses and foodie tour


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 30th 2013
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after very little sleep - that's me not the old man - the alarm goes off at 8 and we head down to breakfast. Lots on offer. Ian had dim sum for breakfast but I wasn't so adventurous and stuck to the standard international breakfast, the made to order omelette!



Then off to the big bus tour which we have booked for the next two days. We thought this would give us maximum coverage in the time available. And you can't beat a big bus tour to a valid having to talk to people!!!



Covered Kowloon today - probably best seen at night when all the lights are on but can't do it all...... Not as many facts as many bus tours we have done but I did learn that HK has twice as many skyscrapers as the next city in the world, New York. We covered the local area of Monkook which was interesting. We also went back to harbour city where people were queuing for the shops. Don't see that in bond street! Apparently it's the mainland Chinese doing all the buying.



By now my lack of sleep was
MonkokMonkokMonkok

Would be better with the lights on
kicking in so we popped back to the hotel where I had a kip and Ian had a swim in the hotel pool on the 9th floor. No photos you may be pleased to know.



An hour later and I was dragged out of my slumber by my 'we won't overdo it' husband to go on 'the big foodie tour'. This involved being taken around the central area by a local guide called silvana who took the group to 4 very local and established restaurants which you probably would never have tried without her. Tried sugar cane juice which was very refreshing (bit like lychee juice we decided) and a tea tasting which was fun. In between restauRants as we walked silvana told us lots about the area and introduced us to local stall holders. Great way to spend an afternoon.



So back to the hotel for a freshen up. Any plans for dinner were aborted due to lack of hunger and the fact that Ian fell asleep for two hours! So at 9.30 we headed out for a stroll and ended up in a bar watching football highlights, listening to karaoke-ish singer And
Queue outside Louis Vuitton Queue outside Louis Vuitton Queue outside Louis Vuitton

Can you believe it! And there are about 4 LVs in the shopping centre!
drinking local lager. We could have been in Benidorm! Good night and luckily bed brought sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Wonton Wonton
Wonton

First course of foodie tour.
Fish shopFish shop
Fish shop

All alive and wriggling!
Tea tasting on foodie tourTea tasting on foodie tour
Tea tasting on foodie tour

I made this one myself!
Egg tartsEgg tarts
Egg tarts

Last course on foodie tour. More Portuguese than English!


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb