Day 2 Arrival in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 29th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived!Arrived!Arrived!

Do I look like a tourist?
So the day starts 50,000 feet in the air snuggled in my flat bed duvet. Far too comfy. I only watched one film in a 12 hour flight! Foolishly thought I wouldn't bother with the sleep suit as I had dressed appropriately. But stuck out like a sore thumb from all the other passengers dressed in their identical grey trousers and tops. Won't make that mistake again. In fact most had them on before we took off. Do you think they came in them???? I did use the socks though.

Arrival at Hong Kong airport went very smoothly. No visa required(!) but an arrivals card filled in as we marched through the queue. We decided on a taxi to the airport which was much quicker than we thought and into our hotel. Hotel ICON. We had booked a harbour view room as a treat. But when we got here they had upgraded us to a suite. They must have known it was our trip of a lifetime!!

The hotel room is fantastic. Rain shower straight out of the ceiling. Bath for two with a tv. It even has 2 loos as it has a restroom!! Day 3 will let us know what the food is like. Also what the bed is like as it's 3.10 in the morning and although Ian had been fast asleep since midnight my body is still working on uk time.

We had a quick shower, watched the 'symphony of lights' show from our bedroom window on 20th floor (it's a light show put on by the buildings around the harbour) and jumped on the free shuttle bus to Harbour City.

Now Ian thought this bus would take us to the ferry and harbour for some fresh air. Actually Harbour City is an enormous shopping mall with every designer shop you can imagine!!! So for those of you that know my husband you will know that we were back on the bus 30 mins later!!!!!!

It was amazing. The shops went on for ever and I counted 3 Chanel shops just in the same mall!!

So back at the hotel. Quick dinner. Lovely Italian - don't say it. We just wanted something quick and we are booked on the foodie tour tomorrow!

So maybe I should try to get some sleep.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lounge areaLounge area
Lounge area

That goodness for this in my insomniac period!
Harbour city windowHarbour city window
Harbour city window

Reminded me of the Natural History dinosaur!


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb