Poorliness Update


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings! Thanks to everyone for all the get well soon messages. I'm pleased to report that my cocktail of drugs is doing the trick and I am, as of 10.30 pm feeling almost back to normal, barring a bit of breathing trouble and some irrational sweating. .

Glynn took me out this evening after another day's rest in the hostel for a romatic stroll along the cheesy Avenue of Stars - it's like the Hollywood Walk of Fame I think, only featuring a Chinese cast - to watch the cheesy light and sound show over the bay. Actually it was nicer than I've made that sound. Imagine a long stretch of decking dotted with multicolured tiny star-like lights and the water lapping gently at the banks. Then add a Europop kind of music soundtrack and some dancing lights on the significant skyscrapers across the bay on Hong Kong Island, and you've got a truer idea of the show. It was worth going and the atmosphere was really nice too.

After that we found a restaurant serving good, wholesome Italian food called the Spaghetti House. It's one of a chain but the food was really good and there was an excellent choice of veggie dishes on the menu. It felt so good to tuck into a meal again :-) I can certainly recomend this place to anyone coming here.

Tomorrow we leave HK for Beijing and the next big leg of the tour. Thanks to everyone who sent info about the Hirshima earthquake - I can confirm it was 6.3 in strength, so it seems we survived a decent sized one! We found a link on the BBC news website to some video footage so if you want to see what it was like, try a search on there (you'll need to get the date from the blog as I've forgotten it already!).

Lots of photos to come in the next few days and hopefully some slightly more interesting news from afar. Miss you all and hope you are all keeping well. Big hello goes out to Glynn's mum, Mary, who also has gastric flu - what are the odds? Get well soon, mum! See you all in China!!!!!!

Advertisement



23rd June 2006

gastric
hi jude so glad your feeling better now . im feeling much better to take care and have a safe journey spk to you both soon love mom harris

Tot: 0.599s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.5145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb