Mong Kok/TST/Avenue of the Stars


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
May 7th 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Jackie Chan's starJackie Chan's starJackie Chan's star

on the avenue of the stars
We started the day with coffee and brekkie at our 2nd nearest starbucks. There is a starbucks on every block here - it is just mad. It was full by 9am in the morning. My favourite thing is the ugly apple fritter doughnuts - they are soooo good (Elise you would love them).

I persuaded scott to let me take him on a walking tour of Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui. I didn't mention it was a really muggy afternoon. We MTR-ed out to Prince Edward and after going around in circles for 15 minutes, found our way to the flower market - I've taken loads of photos just for Pauline and Mum for Mothers day. I don't usually have a flower fetish.

Made our way down through the tung choi and Ladies markets (much to scotts disappointment). Somehow managed to lose the goldfish market. Stopped off for an amazing snack for HKD$60 of beef & garlic and chicken meatballs. the noodle soup looked devine. Wandered down Nathan Rd heading for the Peking Restaurant. Its up a narrow flight of stairs, covered with dirty scody old red carpet - shared with a guest house and various other businesses. we were very excited to be about to eat some authentic chinese cuisine - only to find that they were fully booked. very disappointed. headed to temple st night market, which was a waste of time.

took the jordan mtr down to tst and walked down salisbury along the waterfront to the avenue of stars. hung out at the deck and beer - a great little bar overlooking the harbour until the Symphony of LIghts was done (8pm every night). Took the Star ferry back to wan chai. Stayed up till midnight watching pirates of the carribean 3.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb