The Dragons Back Hike


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
May 6th 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Did the Dragons back hike - started at Island Resort in Siu Sai Wan. Great views down to Big Wave beach and Shek-o. Was muggy as hell and the 500 steps at the start were challenging. Haven't sweated so much before - note to self - pack towel next time. one of the girls spotted a snake. it got out of the way pretty quickly. Mini bus back to Shau Kei wan MTR station - $7 and a crazy driver. The mini buses have a speedo on full display for passengers to see (thank you HK govt) as the drivers are notorious for speeding. Interestingly, the mini buses came into being after the 1967 Hong Kong riots when China Motor bus and Kowloon Motor bus encouraged their workers to go on strike, grinding the city to a halt as there was not transportation! They were unlicensed and basically ran illegally, but the govt turned a blind eye - today they are legal - but crazy.

Got home in time for a swim, and then out to dinner at a French restaurant called Entourage, Elgin St, Soho with Youtha & Clare - couldn't get a taxi, couldn't find the restaurant - an hour late i turned up - thankfully the girls had a cold class of NZ savvy waiting for me - how amazing is that?!

So tired, feet sore, in bed by 11.................




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb