Travelling to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 14th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

To get to Hong Kong we took the Tube again out to London Heathrow Airport and went to Terminal 5. This is the new British Airways terminal where we would get the flight to Hong Kong. It was a very long squishy train ride. At the airport we had to go through passport control and security. You are not allowed to take anything in big bottles and they make you throw your juice in the bin. This is just in case you are carrying something that you should not be. Like a bomb.

We were flying in a big Boeing 74. This plane carried over 300 passengers. It took us nearly 12 hours to get there and we flew through the night. Mum said that I slept for 7 hours. I also watched 2 movies, Megamind and Harry Potter. It was really good fun.

We arrived at Hong Kong international Airport at 5pm. When it is 5pm in Hong Kong it is only 9am in Kingussie. That means all my friends were just going to school when I was nearly going to bed.
We had to get a bus to where we were staying. Hong Kong is made of lots of areas. I remember Hong Kong Island, Lantau And Kowloon but there are 262 islands and peninsulas. We were staying in Kowloon. We got a bus to the hotel and there was lots of funny signs in English and Chinese. There was lots of water everywhere and lots of huge tall buildings everywhere and lots of bridges.

Hong Kong means fragrant Island. This is because they used to trade incense from the harbour in Aberdeen on Hong Kong Island and incense is really smelly in a nice way like airfreshners. There are about 7 Million people that live in Hong Kong and it is one of the biggest banking centers in the world.

Our hotel was really nice but very Chinese. It had Chinese lamps everywhere and not very many people spoke English. Mum tried to get me to try Chinese food but I did not like it at all. The Chinese eat mainly rice and fish. The breakfast menu at the hotel had rice and fish for breakfast. Yuk!

It was quite warm in Hong Kong but we still needed to wear our Jackets in the morning and at night. Mum said it was about 18 degrees. We were so tired that after a quick look at the shops we went to bed at 7 pm for a long sleep. Mum said that this was because of the time difference and jet lag.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb