Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
August 17th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

John & Vic 2010 Trip


DAY 1

After arriving at the airport we braved the local train into Kowloon where we got a taxi to our hotel.
The trains here are great as they are clean, on time, air conditioned & have free wireless. After checkin there was still time to enjoy a cocktail before closing time. After that we ventured out onto the streets where we found lots of shops that had lots of smelly thinkgs out the front which we thought were chinese medicine shops but apparently you make soup with all the dried seafood.

DAY 2

Today we started by catching the local ferry across to Hong Kong Island for a total of $2 each it took about a 10 minutes but not much to see over there. We made our way back to the hotel visiting Tiffany's and Chanel on the way. After lunch we took our afternoon tour which started by ascending the Victoria Peak the highest point of Hong Kong where we were lucky enough to have a sunny day so the view was great. Then onto Aberdeen fishing village where we took a local sampan ride around the harbour. A visit to a jewellery factory where no purchases were made (a bit expensive) although we did find out that John was born in the Year of the OX. After that our last stop Stanley markets which was a bit like Bali but they don't hassle you to buy. Back at the hotel just in time again for our free drinks. After this we decided to go to the temple street night markets not before John deciding to ask one of the 50 people that ask you every time you walk out of the hotel if you would like a tailor if they knew where he could find a tailor even though we thought it was funny I don;t think they got it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

VictoriaPointVictoriaPoint
VictoriaPoint

Vic on the Rickshaw
AberdeenAberdeen
Aberdeen

Sampan Ride
Hong Kong HarbourHong Kong Harbour
Hong Kong Harbour

View from Victoria Peak
Fishing BoatFishing Boat
Fishing Boat

Aberdeen


18th August 2010

Thanks Bev we are having a great time. Not missing work though.
18th August 2010

:)
Hi Mum and Dad! Looks like you're both having a great time so far! I wish we had wi-fi on our trains! Of course you fot your free drinks :) Keep having fun, miss you, love you! xxx.
18th August 2010

Sounds great but no mention of any purchases from the markets??????????
18th August 2010

H.Kong
Matt and i love H.K take a train ride to sham shooe poh enjoy xx
18th August 2010

Ate Out Tonight
Ate at Outback Steakhouse instead of butchers. Can you check michael is getting the blog as we have not heard from him, if not forward him the link, Love you.

Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb