update from the new flat 31st July 2010


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Fran and MeFran and MeFran and Me

Giggling
Updating this evening from the comfort of my new living room in my flat in Lai Chi Kok.
I have moved in with Fran who has come out to Hong Kong to work for Chunky Onion and we'll be here now for at least the next year!!
Feeling very settled now. I have been in Hong Kong for over 5 months now, and time is passing both slowly and ridiculously quickly. The though that I have been out in HK for almost half a year is crazy, its gone by so fast and yet week to week I have endless time to do work, chill out, see friends, do some ridiculous things...

So since my last update when i returned from shanghai work has been great - have gained some amazing experiences, namely teaching teachers in macau how to incorporate drama into their lessons, quite surreal to have a room ful of teachers listening to what i am saying and actually have them take it in, asking questions etc. it is reassuring to know that my degree means something - that i do actually know what i am talking about!!

We are currently 2 weeks into a 4 week
Wolfie's JunkWolfie's JunkWolfie's Junk

Me, Fran, Wolfie laughing at....something
lull in shows and workshops which is actually good news because we have plenty of time to write the upcoming workshops and to rehearse fran for all 8 of our shows!

Other recent events include my friend Henry getting married which was a great day. Got there a bit early and managed to sit in on the ceremony.
It was a beautiful day - with loads of friends, all the football team i play for - the Wan Chai Spartans (Henry is a manager) and the world cup final that evening!
Spent a lot of time over the past few weeks going to the beach - beautiful weather has led to some long afternoons spent at the beach - and therefore some epic sumburn! the weather has been amazing - considering its now supposed to be the middle of typhoon season and we hae yet to be hit by a single typhoon!!
finally saw some black rain though which was fun - and some flash flooding in Mong Kok, Kowloon side which was fun to get caught in when we were busy house hunting!!

hopefully in the next few weeks we will be hit by some typhoon 8s
Rich and MeRich and MeRich and Me

Heading to HK stadium for exhibition match
and can have the day off - HK shuts down when there is a typhoon 8 and everyone is sent home from work!
unfortunately typhoon 8s seem to have a habit of lasting all night so you can sleep and then clearing up by morning.

i am hoping for a typhoon 10 but there hasnt been one for about a decade so i wont hold my breath!!

Last weekend had my friend Wolfie's junk boat party for his birthday which was great and then spent the night at his on Lamma island. Met the whole Lamma crew who were lovely, very welcoming and friendly, slightyl older and with an interesting work ethic! lots of free lancers there. really relaxed and chilled though - pretty crazy night, carrying wolfie home after he passed out at the meal we went for.
managed to only get 1 bite while i was on the island too - lamma being known for masses of mosquitos - so pleased about that.
on the sunday of last weekend the saturday spartans had an exhibition match against another side called revolution. The match was in Hong Kong stadium in happy valley - which was awesome to
Repulse BayRepulse BayRepulse Bay

Beach day
go into when it was completely empty and watch the guys play - unfortunately i was a little worse for wear - and beer for breakfast didnt help matters!!

spent the last week rehearsing and writing workshop plans which means we have caught up on a lot of stuff and have two weeks ahead to finish rehearsals before the workshops begin!

so now settled in on a saturday night, candles, a film, just eaten fajitas made by us - all very homely. It feels good to be in a space with separate rooms!! i think it was great livng in a studio apartment for 5 months living on my own but its so nice to have to leave my bedroom to go to the bathroom - or to be able to actually cook!!
today scrambled egg and fajitas - sausages and mash, gravy - the full works yesterday. so i think this is all very positive. not to mention the swimming pools and gym, billiards room all in my complex.

my plans for now then are to live life very well - hopefully go on a massive health kick - get fit for the new football season.
bbq feastbbq feastbbq feast

end of beach day #1!!

its a nice feeing to know i am in this flat for at least the next year - and possibly beyond that.
I want to save lots of money and travel asia at some point. i will do little bits and pieces if i can take and holiday time but when i finish out here i will definitely be hitting the road for a while.

so it was nice to update!!
will update again soon - lots of events coming up
workshops and shows so will write some details of those.

take care everyone
love
xxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

home cooking!home cooking!
home cooking!

finally! settled in sausage, mash, gravy, the full works!! and TEA.
view view
view

from my new room - black rain arriving!
sunsetsunset
sunset

HK sunset kowloon side


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb