Hong kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 9th 2010
Published: March 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

well yesterday was a tad hazy i have to admit, jet lag plus the remnants of a sleeping tablet from plane made it all a bit woozy !!!! but managed to go and see the famous light show at the harbour. It does what it says on the tin, lots of HUGE hotels all with lazer lights shining into the sky in time with music. Very impresive. Then today i overslept due to a combination of knackerdness and great ear plugs !!!

anyway missed breakfast and went on to ride the Star ferry accross to Hong Kong Island ( i'm staying in Kowloon, which is a bay away) I then went on a hillside tram that is at 45 degrees its soooo steeep. This takes you up to The Peak which is ontop of the Island and gives an amazing view of Hong Kong and the bay. Well worth it, dispite it being really cold !!!. Apparently its been 24 degrees until I arrived yesterday and now its 9 degrees !!!!

Tonight I went on my hash which was great !!! about 20 hashers. I found it really easily - by Metro tube and 2 buses but from the bus stop couldnt find the start !!! so there i was wandering around and i noticed chalk marks on the ground ..... so i followed them backwards, and cought up with them just as they had started. They were a great bucnd of people who made me feel very welcome. We all went for a lovely Thai meal afterward where i was given lots of attention and a well deserved down down (thats a drink to non hashers).

I was escorted safely back to the Metro and here I am in my lovely hotel. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to Ocean world which is a theme park that has real live Panda's to see.

speak to all soon, love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx







Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb