Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
February 4th 2006
Published: February 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong Central from The PeakHong Kong Central from The PeakHong Kong Central from The Peak

This is a view of Hong Kong Central taken from "The Peak" and gives a perspective other than the classic across the harbour image.
1st Feb.
Well we have arrived in Hong Kong. Transport from the airport by express train is very quick, about 25 minutes to a bus station where courtesy buses take you to your hotel. Simple but not cheap. Day one - Hotel was much better than expected, with incredible view across harbour (better without the pollution). Ventured out to find something to eat. Were spoilt for choice but picked one nearby which was popular with the locals (they were queuing when we left). Back in time to see the light show across the harbour from hotel room window and then to sleep (at 8.30pm)

2nd Feb.
Took the ferry to HK island -very busy. They still have trams which must date back to 20’s or 30’s. They are electric and pollution free within the city, though of course the electricity has to be generated. For foot travellers there are a number of elevated walkways with escalators and travelators linking the city incorporating office and hotel foyers where needed, very cleverly done. The botanical gardens are well worth a visit as is HK park.

3rd Feb.
Went to doctors to have stitches removed unfortunately he had to dig for some of them, which was painful but they are out now. Visited the new exhibition centre and the Golden Bauhinia that commemorates that handing back of Hong Kong to Beijing in 1997. Took the Peak Tram to the top of “The Peak” with stunning views over Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong and Kowloon.

4th Feb.
Went to the Hong Kong History Museum which depicts the evolution from millions of yeas ago to the present day. This is a must see, it is very well done!!
That is all from us for now, we leave for Thailand tomorrow and do not expect to get internet access for about 5 days.


Advertisement



7th February 2006

HEY
Hello there mother and father!!! Sounds like your off to a good start!!!!! Lovwe the photos too!!!! Just indulged in buying that sony camera so have some really good pics now!! Ill email you soon

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb