Hong Kong!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 30th 2008
Published: April 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After sleeping for a good 12 hours we awoke to our breakfast laid out for us downstairs! After some fresh fruit and home-made muesli, we made the short walk to the bus stop with Colin as our guide! We boarded the 25B bus which took us to the local train station, where we took a train towards the centre of Kowloon! At a further station we said our goodbyes to Colin and gracially thanked him for all his help and allowing us to stay in his home! He then left us and headed to the airport where he was to fly to Singapore and then meet up with his wife in Thailand! We were now on our own?!

With what seemed to be a fairly clear transport system and all signs written as English, we were sure we could manage by ourselves! Our first task was to visit the Temple of 1000 Buddhas, a recommendation from Colin. We followed the directions that we had been given and fought the crowds to the Temple! There must have been a festival or similar religous event, as the queue to visit the temple snaked its way down the hill side and out of the main entrance gate! We decided to leave the Temple visit for another day and boarded another train into Kowloon central. When we departed the train, we made our way to ground level and participated in our first stroll around a mall! After a short walk to the coast, we stood in amazement at the foggy skyline of Hong Kong Island! After a quick look at the "Avenue of the Stars" and eventually finding Jackie Chan's hand prints we headed off into the centre of Kowloon!

With spectacularly large shopping malls everywhere, it wasnt long before we had wandered into one and immediately lost our bearings! We continued for a while and decided that it was not a good idea to spend too much of our 'hard earned' cash. We found a small, bussling restaurant and popped in for our first Chinese meal. It was very tasty although a complete shock from the Indian delicacies we had been used too!

The afternoon was spent with a leisurely stroll around a large park, a little more window shopping and finally the journey back to Colin's house (via McDonalds of course!) We were very pleased with our orienteering success and
Hong Kong IslandHong Kong IslandHong Kong Island

(unfortunately in the fog)
tucked into another fine home-cooked meal before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb