Hong Kong awaits....


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 29th 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After making our way to Kolkata airport, we felt slightly saddened to be leaving India. However, we were all very excited about our trip to Hong Kong and a completely different way of life! The flight took off just before midnight Indian time and we settled in to the wonderful surroundings of Singapore Airlines. After a short flight of 4 hours we arrived in Singapore Changai Airport, the cleanest surroundings we had experienced in over 8 weeks! We thoroughly enjoyed wandering around the extensive selection of shops and the 2 hours before a final flight to Hong Kong rapidly disappeared!

We boarded the plane and were beginning to become very drowsy! The local time was 8.30 in the morning and we had not slept since the previous night in Kolkata. After another short flight we arrived in Hong Kong and successfully made it through passport control! As we waited for our luggage, Ollie was getting increasingly apprehensive to see if his guitar had survived the 2 flights in the hold! Secretly, some of us prayed that it had not! Eventually the guitar arrived unscaved!

We were then successfully collected from the airport by Colin, a childhood friend of Ollie's father! It was a beautiful day and although we were exhausted the views of Hong Kong and the excitement of a new place kept as wide awake! After a short detour to one of the surrounding hills on Kowloon Island, we were able to catch our first glimpses of the densely populated Hong Kong area! After another short drive into the suburbs of Kowloon, we arrived at the small village of Kau Lung Hang and Colin's house! He was extremely friendly and made us feel most welcome! We were also greeted by Barnee, his wife's cousin and we settled in to his lovely home!

After a fine evening meal of roast beef, roast potatoes and Thai green curry, we could barely keep our eyes open and soon drifted off into a deep sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb