The Big Trip Part 1 - Hong Kong Fooey


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
December 10th 2007
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kia Ora and a very happy new year to all - just the 4 and a half months too late! Well, I started to add the photos for this blog in January and here we are in April and I'm finally getting round to finishing this one off.

Before I get onto Hong Kong, here's our new contact details having moved house in Feb:

121 Creswick Terrace
Northland
Wellington 6012
New Zealand

+64(0)4 475 7439

Ailsa is doing great - now on solid food with predictable effect on the nappies - less messy than before but much more powerful on the nose!

So, onto the blog - we had a 4 week trip to Scotland via Hong Kong and a wee stop in Singapore on the way back and it took us a while to thaw out when we got back. the humidity of Singapore helped to be fair.

The first part of our journey was to Hong Kong where we stopped for 2 nights. the flight from Auckland to Hong Kong as long bt good - Ailsa slept most of the y in her wee bassinet and we had great legroom seats with our
Can we go in here?Can we go in here?Can we go in here?

Yeah, right!
own TVs sets and numerous films to choose from to watch. I watched the Simpsons Movie (OK), The Bourne Ultimatum (top notch) and Control, the biopic of Ian Curtis from the legendary band Joy Division (outstanding).

Due to the original hotel we had booked being closed for renovations, we were booked into a 5 star job instead but at no extra cost - sweet! It was on Kowloon just over the harbour from Hong Kong Island but the location actually wasn't that great and we had to get the hotel's free shuttle bus service into the 'shopping' district the next day. We managed to borrow a buggy from the hotel (no way were we bringing ours to the other side of the world!) and we explored a bit. The shops ,were average (Although Jo-Ann did get a pressie for her mum there) and the air quality very bad but the weather was nice and 20C is a lovely temperature for winter.

Room service was ordered and I headed to the roof to take some snaps of the views to Hong Kong island after we had eaten whilst Jo-Ann fell asleep. To be honest, I don't really remember what we did the next day other than kill time until our journey to the airport for our flight to Frankfurt - it clearly wasn't that memorable!

Overall, Hong Kong was OK - if I was to go back, I'd stay on Hong Kong Island rather than Kowloon and explore the financial district more and perhaps go the the famous racecourse for a meet! yeah, right....

Next blog - sunny Scotland!!

Cheers all

Angus, Jo-Ann & Ailsa

P.S. C'mon the Rangers!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The Galloway Girls enjoy the viewThe Galloway Girls enjoy the view
The Galloway Girls enjoy the view

This is also from the hotel roof
Another bright boatAnother bright boat
Another bright boat

Hong Kong Island in the background - the financial district


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb