Last stop:Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
November 24th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Landed in Hong Kong and after Laos the big city was a bit of a shock. There transport system(yawn) is unbelieveable just makes you wanna punch bertie ahern in the face!! So got our accomodation in the Mirador Mansions and even though we are hardened travellers(ha ha!!!) this place was a shite hole. Its looked like the ballymun flats and is just full of cheap hostels and smelly people. And the rooms were the size of a box room at home. We didnt really care though as the plan was to spend as much time of our last 4 days out and about and away from the demon drink(still reeling from tubing!!).

So over the next few days we just went site seeing and visting a few places. The city is just brilliant and really could stay for a month or few. We did see Andre 2000 from that Hey ya band and melissa was delighted cos he smiled at her(cos she was jumping up and down screaming at him!!). They have a light show on in the harbour every night when all the buildings on the hong kong island light up to music which is cool.

We also went to the Tian Tian Buddha which is the "biggest outdoor sitting buddha in the world"(thats a catchy slogan!!). It was pretty cool as its 34m high and sits on top of a mountain and you can see it for miles. Other than that we went to Ocean Park which was a kind of Sea World/theme park and it was good having an 8 year olds day out.

So Asia's done and we really dont want to leave but looking forward to hooking up with gary in Sydney and sleeping in a normal bed(not with gary though!!)......



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb