Day 36 Hong Kong, Hong Kong Park, Victoria Park, Pacific Place, Convention Centre (Rush Hour 2), Bank of China viewing platform and SoHo.


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 28th 2014
Published: November 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello followers,

So today we are on Hong Kong Island!!! It's a small NYC really.



Our plans for today are to visit all of Hong Kong islands main attractions.



We started by heading to Victoria park, right next to our hostel. The park is situated in between all the sky scrapers and city buildings, the park includes a running/jogging track around the edge, 6 football pitches, about 20 tennis courts (including the Asia games main staduim and finally tai chi area which was packed.



We then headed to the Hong Kong convention and exhibition centre, it was packed with a jewellery show and a HSBC award so unfortunately we couldn't see the main hall 😞 (one in rush hour 2), Still it was good to see and we also saw the Golden Bauhinia Square (which was unremarkable). Afterwards we went to Pacific Place, one of the biggest malls in Central area. It felt like Christmas when we left, as it is fully decorated for the season. We grabbed lunch from the posh food hall on the ground floor-it was delicious-I had a parma ham, sun dried tomato and rocket roll, and Neil made turkey sandwiches. Afterwards we went into the Bank of China to get a free pass up to the 43rd floor for the views of the city-worth it but the views are from behind the glass window, the city is also so smoggy to really appreciate it.



We then went to Hong Kong Park, this was beautiful! There a waterfalls everywhere, an aviary, a lake and beautiful wildlife of butterflies. It was truly amazing and well worth anyone coming here to visit.



We were exhausted when we got back to the hostel in the afternoon that we both had a nap. (it was well needed) Once awake we got ready to head out for the evening.



We headed to this Vietnamese restaurant which we had seen the day before, We ordered an starter of 'meat on sticks' HAHA (make it sound so tasty) they were nice (bit fatty for Vicks taste), then our mains came....well mine did Vicks took i while (think they forgot it). I had a beef Pho which was amazing and Vick a Papaya and Mango salad which she loved!!! We then headed out to SoHo.



SoHo is mental, its packed with Hong Kong office workers getting drunk, this would have been right up our street if the drinks didn't cost a fortune and we didn't have a budget 😞 There is a massive escalator which goes from the bottom to the top of SoHo, its apparently the longest outdoor escalator in the world. We didn't meet anyone which sucked but still had a few beers outside the 7-11 shop. (everyone else was doing it).



After walking around we decided to head back to our hostel, we wanted a beer, a film and bed after such a long day.



Thats everything today everyone!! Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb