Hong Kong Part 3


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
May 1st 2009
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

View From The Peak.View From The Peak.View From The Peak.

Ahhhhhh there's a giant Rob in Hong Kong!
Today I've been up the Peak to see the views from above the city.

There's a funicular railway system to get up there and once at the top you're straight into a shopping Mall. Hong Kong is basically food and shopping... I was glad to see that after each trainload of passengers they stopped to wipe down all the hand rails with disinfectant. They are taking the potential swine flu pandemic very seriously here.

Then headed back down the hill and wondered over to the medical Sciences museum (yes, I know, I'm a geek...) which is based in the Old Pathological Institute, founded during the bubonic plague outbreak in the 19th century. Basically all medicine in Hong Kong is based on public health (and midwifery + radiology) according to this museum. They've had their fair share of epidemics, from bubonic plague to their very own strain of flu, bird flu and SARS.

I suddenly realise why they are so paranoid about the latest pandemic.

Headed across the bay to see the cities nightly Light and Sound Show where all the building light up and shoot lasers into the sky, well tacky but fun.

Back to hotel for a swim and collected some groceries from the local supermarket for dinner in my room. (Char sui pork and chinese chicken with noodles, yummy!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Don't ask...Don't ask...
Don't ask...

But apparently this is vaccine production


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb