Hong Kong Part 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 30th 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So... Woke up yesterday and decided to explore the local area.

No matter where you are in the world, there always seems to be a Starbucks, so with coffee in hand I waited for the Noon Gun (a big gun that they fire at midday everyday) to be fired at 1200. Guess what, it was like a big gun being fired at 12:00pm.

Then wondered into a local street café, unfortunately the menu was all in cantonese, but a nice lady saw me looking puzzled and ordered me a big bowel of soup noodles. Lunch set me back £2.50...

On to Hong Kong Park with its conservatory and aviary. Also took a trip around the tea museum, which made me really want a cup of tea, so headed back to hotel and had a beer. Went for a swim in the (unheated) roof top pool.

Great views!

Went out for dinner with an old school friend who works over here now, had some dumpling which contained soup and jellyfish. Two days left and then onto NZ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FishingFishing
Fishing

Old man fishing, dunno if he caught anything...
Hong Kong ParkHong Kong Park
Hong Kong Park

Me by the artificial waterfall in Hong Kong Park.


2nd May 2009

Yay for Rob!
Glad you're enjoying Hong Kong and the odd wander around Causeway Bay! Have you been to the beach yet? Or gone on the Star Ferry to Kowloon? And up the Peak? Yay for Rob and dim sum!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb