Day 3 in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 20th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the East side of HK Island to see the HKCEC building ( don't ask me what it stands for!!! ) and the reunification monument aswell as the forever blooming Bautinia ( a big statue of an open gold flower ) which symbolises the hand over of HK back to China.
Then walked along the sea front to the Noon Day Gun. This is a canon that is fired every day at noon, it is very loud and is an old tradition to do with the merchant Navy.
Then walked through Victoria Parc, loads of sports areas and Thai Chi areas, we have decided they enjoy all sports including Grand-ma! At the edge of the Park is the Tin Hau Temple, which is used for several gods, one of the oldest on the island.
We then took a tram to Happy Valley Race Course, the chinese are VERY in to their gambling. Is used twice a week.
Walked down to Times Square, massive shopping centre and then down to the Wan Chai area, taking a look at the outdoor street markets. Got to the "black eggs" which are eggs buried in lime for 60 days, a local special - again wasn't feeling very adventurous to taste!!! Live chickens and lots of sea food were also on view.
We ended up eating in Soho again as the great food streets in Wan Chai didn't feel very safe or clean in the dark!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb