Too Cold!!!!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 18th 2005
Published: December 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Parade flower girlParade flower girlParade flower girl

This is one the Alice in Wonderland flower dancers. Sweet!
After a few days in Singapore we flew into Hong Kong. It was relatively cold there (15-17degrees!!), especially after being in Malaysia and Singapore. We even had to wear jumpers the whole time. In Hong Kong they really go to town with the Christmas lights. This and the colder weather made it seemed a bit more like Christmas for us.

Our first day was spent at the newly opened Disneyland Hong Kong!!! It's the smallest of the Disney parks but it's brand new and so much cleaner than EuroDisney. One thing about the Hong Kong and Chinese people is that they really love taking pictures. You couldn't walk anywhere in the park with out stepping into someone elses photo.

There were all of the usual Disney shows to visit but one of them had Cantonese speaking Mickey (My Kay) & Minne (My Nay) which made it even more entertaining. But the singing was in English. The Lion King show was absolutely fantastic, maybe even better than in Orlando.

The rest of our Hong Kong stay was spent looking around shops and looking at Christmas lights. It's a lot like Singapore there, the whole island almost like a shopping mall. We stayed right in the centre, opposite an IKEA that sold the usual cheap hot dogs for when you don't fancy a Chinese. We were a bit gutted though that there wasn't any cheap electronics or decent fake goods anywhere.

We somehow managed to visit HK at the same time the World Trade Organisation talks were being held. There were a lot of protests going on and they all started from where we were staying (Causeway Bay). Luckily it didnt affect us at all but we stayed well away as there were some violent clashes with police shown on TV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Santas VillageSantas Village
Santas Village

This is a little village set they put up in one Hong Kong shopping mall with Santa inside.
Empty Hong Kong StreetEmpty Hong Kong Street
Empty Hong Kong Street

An empty Hong Kong street as a result of road blocks put in by police due to the protesters. Even the locals are taking pictures here!


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb