another night on the town.....


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

eatin at north pointeatin at north pointeatin at north point

from left: me, sabrina (met her that night), roy (i think?) and shaun (another friend from the wanch jam nights, and a very funny man).
i think this entry is best illustrated with photos, because i honestly don't think i can really string together the events very well. again, thanks to kachun for providing the photos and documenting a memorable, albeit blurry, night!

i'll start by saying we began at the north point markets, where as soon as you finished your bowl of beer, the waitresses would refill it...... somehow mickey met us there, and we stumbled outside, bought more beer at the 7-11 (good old 7-11! always there in a crisis), then made our way to wan chai..... hung out in alley near another 7-11 (where of course, more beer was purchased), did some graff, nearly got busted for doing some graff, decided it was a good time to leave and went to the wanch.
the people at the wanch like us (we're about the only original music they ever see, so you'd hope they'd like us), so they let us drunkenly fall about their bar, and poured our longnecks into glasses for us and gave us drinks of water. i can't think of a pub in australia where you wouldn't get kicked out for being so drunk and obnoxious and bringing in beer
food, glorious foodfood, glorious foodfood, glorious food

at the north point markets. actually, i look a bit worried here - maybe not sure if what i was eating was vegan? but brendan is vego and doesn't eat eggs, so i think that it was ok.
from somewhere else. it's one of the few things about hong kong that are better than australia (along with legal street-drinking and lots of places that are open all night).

anyway. i'll let the pictures do the talking. needless to say, i was pretty damn hung-over yesterday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

me n the mohawkme n the mohawk
me n the mohawk

this was me at the north point markets, having dinner. still relatively sober at this point.
7-11, we love you7-11, we love you
7-11, we love you

me and shaun with the beers at the 7-11
in the backstreetsin the backstreets
in the backstreets

we headed to the alley in wan chai - no idea what i was talking about here, as everything was a bit blurry, but doubtless it was something of great import.
graff in the alleygraff in the alley
graff in the alley

i think i started it by getting out a pen and drawing the huge sick c**t that you can see there, and then people were drawing charicatures of shaun, and it all went downhill from there...
sticker on shaun's caststicker on shaun's cast
sticker on shaun's cast

of course, there was some obligatory stickering (again, by me) and somehow one of them ended up on shaun's cast. not sure why or how
me n kachunme n kachun
me n kachun

this is a great photo of me and kachun - i think we were at the wanch by this point, so i must have been very drunk.
me and the birthday boyme and the birthday boy
me and the birthday boy

brendan and me at the wanch. i'm really glad my eyes are closed!
oh dearoh dear
oh dear

i'm not sure why we decided to stick our fingers in each other's mouths, but hey, don't be shy, go to wan chai!
taxi hometaxi home
taxi home

mickey kindly let me sleep/pass out on him in the taxi on the way home. actually, i don't think he had a choice in the matter, but we both look happy enough. note his new haircut, courtesy of me (luckily i wasn't drunk when i did it!).


23rd September 2007

Sounds like you guys have packed so much into your hk time. Loved the Avril Lavine touch - perhaps once you've done the China part of your trip, you can do a Latrine version of Little China Girl ;) Had a very amusing experience here last weekend - got asked to come along to a talk by Robin Williams, and got there, only to find it was actually Patch Adams - that's one way to find out who he is. Heh! Have a great time in China, and after hearing about your walk up to that pagoda, just remember, you don't have to walk the full length of the Great Wall... Love ya!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb