Stel visits Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
June 10th 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Stel popped over for a visit friday 10th through to Tues 14th June.

We had lunch at Wagyu, which was pretty good, though a bit flash for us? Good set menu. I left them to it after lunch and they went out drinking.

At 8.30pm I was reading a book in bed when they stumbled in. Scott wanted me to order room service because they hadn't eaten, Stell was running around like a madman turning out all of the lights, yelling it was bedtime. The next morning they swore they'd been given the rufies! it can't be that they're getting older, they must have been drugged!

Stel had a covered one of the suede chairs with a lovely black vomit - all in all they thought a pretty good night.......

We went to Yum Cha at City Hall, they only place left where they take around the trolleys. The food was ok, but not fabulous. We took the ferry over to Kowloon and went to the Space museum and tried to get into the Ritz Carlton, but it didnt' open for a couple of hours, plus we were politely informed that we were too scruffily dressed!

Monday we took at trip to Lantau Island to the Outlet shops. We were meant to go up to the big buddha but the cable car was closed, so took a taxi over to Cheung Sha beach intending to go to the stoep a Sth African restaurant, but it was closed (their only day off). We settled for the thai place next door. it was a pretty cool setting, right on the beach, felt like we were in Koh samui. a cow lazily wandered along and had a sunbathe on the beach while the kiddies swam and played and we ate phad thai, drank out of coconuts and had a yummy sago pudding.

Taxied to Mui Wo and took the ferry back to Central.

Had a really nice visit from stel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb