Hong Kong Fuey!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » The Peak
May 18th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Food for thoughtFood for thoughtFood for thought

Dim sum from local area
So the adventure continues as the weather gets hotter and more humid! This morning we had breakfast at the same little dim sum place round the corner, ordered the same food with the same lady................ and got something completely different! Still very tasty, different varieties of dim sum, just not quite as planned. Ah well!

But first to yesterday - breakfast (as planned) was jowsers, steamed pork buns and soy milk for the mere sum of NZ$2. Yum. We then headed straight over to Kopwloon on the star ferry and wandered the avenue of the stars (HK's showbiz star-lined promenade, similar to Hollywood but without the familiarity of most of the artists) and Nathan Road, where we became seriously tempted to purchase a better camera.............

We also wandered through Kowloon Park, some OK sculptures and a little rain.

East really does meet West here, the latest high-tech rubbing alongside the traditional. A true mixture of cultures.

Last night we strolled through Temple Street night market and Mac purchased a hugely expensive watch, top name, top quality, NZ$5............... Let's see how long it lasts!

Today was gloriously clear early morning so ideal for catching the peak tram to the top of Victoria Peak for the most amazing views of the islands that make up Hong Kong. The 360 degree view was truly incredible, how quickly one gets over being fearful of ascending to the second storey when there are no aftershocks to deal with!

This afternoon we caught the star ferry again to Kowloon and visited the HK Museum of Art, free on Wednesdays. Now back in the room updating this blog! Off to Borneo on Friday, which i suspect will be even more humid and sticky. All good so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



18th May 2011

Your Dim Sum looks wonderful!
I bought an inexpensive watch in Hanoi, Vietnam and it lasted over a year. That was a pleasant surprise. Enjoying your writing.
21st May 2011

Thank you - so there's hope for the watch then!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb