Hong Kong, Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Stanley
June 14th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We headed back to HK this morning. When we finally arrived around 1:30-2pm-ish, after being stuck in immigration for hours, we went for breakfast/lunch at a ritzy downtown hotel's buffet. SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!!!!! We seem to be in the constant state of feasting. I thought for sure this trip would be the weight loss solution I have been searching for... WRONG. We have both probably gained a hundred pounds since we've gotten here. Always always always eating.

After lunch we grabbed a bus to Hong Kong Island (you drive in a tunnel under the ocean instead of taking the ferry) and went to the Stanley Market. We wandered around the shops and ventured out around the ocean and piers there. It was too humid for my camera when we got off the bus so I only got one quick picture. Its typhoon season right now so it is very hot and humid all the time. Going in and out of the blasting a/c in stores and train stations only makes it seem even hotter outside.

When we got back to the Kowloon side of Hong Kong, we walked along the ocean front and took pictures of the Hong Kong Island
World CupWorld CupWorld Cup

Everyone is so crazy about the world cup here even tho China doesn't have a team playing. Apparently it has something to do with gambling.
city skyscape. Awesome - got sooo many good pictures! We continued along Star Avenue, basically the Hollywood Walk of Fame- only all famous Chinese performers. Got pictures of Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li's stars, as well as a couple pictures of the Bruce Lee statue at the end of the walk of fame.

It was a holiday here so Yoyo's son, Ian, was able to come with us to HK today. He always seems to be at school. From before we wake up until late at night, 6 days a week. It's crazy! And believe it or not, he wants to move to Saskatoon for University. Maybe I can give him a quick tour after all they have done for us this past week... Hahaha... hardly seems the same! Shenzhen is a city of 13 million people... I'm sure he'll find his way around Saskatoon just fine.

Tomorrow morning we are off to Beijing, bright and early...


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Kennedy TownKennedy Town
Kennedy Town

For the G-ma
EssoEsso
Esso

Never prepared!
StanleyStanley
Stanley

It was actually a clear day but my camera had enough of the humidity and choose not to take any more pictures at this location
Bruce Lee statueBruce Lee statue
Bruce Lee statue

Binns got mad at me later when I asked him whether this was Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee... hahaha....


16th June 2010
Kennedy Town

Sweet
Grandpa would love this!!! LOL
30th June 2010

BRUCE LEE
I'm equally upset that you did not know the difference between Jackie Chan and a LEGEND: Bruce Lee... That has to be a crime there!!
28th July 2010

"Bruce Lee statue Binns got mad at me later when I asked him whether this was Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee... hahaha...." Bahahahahahahhahahaha

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb