Rick and Kris honeymoon in the Republic of Georgia


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia » Western Georgia » Kutaisi
September 5th 2021
Published: September 5th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Its day two of the honeymoon or day 3 depending on what time zone you are in. The night spent at the Holiday Inn was acceptable, after the previous day of frustration we slept pretty well. We collect our stuff and take the hotel shuttle to terminal 2 for our flight to Tbilisi. This segment went very smoothly, easy check in, security was simple. They are checking our vaccination cert. at every at every opportunity. From boarding pass to plane entry it was checked 7 times. A bit annoying and redundant. There seems to be tons of workers with nothing to do. Terminal 2 is tiny by comparison to Terminal 3. Very little shopping for Kris. We are way early for our flight so it is a pretty boring wait.

The flight to Tbilisi was very comfortable, the lane was 20% full, lots of room. Kris had a whole row to her self and was able to sleep for most of the flight. Arrival in Tbilisi was uneventful, Immigration was a breeze. Our guide meets us after baggage claim for the next 3 weeks. Our ride is a late modllel4 wheel drive Toyota.

It’s a 20 Minuet drive into town and our hotel for the next 5 days. The Biltmore is a very modern 31-story glass structure. Room is great, terrific view on the 21st floor. Its 5 pm and are ready to get some lite food and sleep for days. After heck in we walk around to stretch our legs a bit and find a good spot for a little food. Not much to report on the food salad and bread. It’s really hot and humid so walking is not very pleasant. After a quick bit it’s off to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb