Kazbegi, Georgia: Our View from The Rooms


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia » Northern Georgia
August 11th 2021
Published: August 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

When we were in Tbilisi, we stayed at The Stamba Hotel and were blown away at the aesthetic pleasure and artistic delight that it presented in every corner of the hotel and restaurants, so it is only natural that we stayed at it‘s sister location in Kazbegi, The Rooms Hotel. Owned and decorated by the same group, The Rooms Hotel is definitely the place to stay in Stepantsminda. The hotel itself is beautiful and creative, but it’s location is also superb. Surrounded by the Caucasus Mountain range, the hotel is situated with unobstructed views of the glory of Northern Georgia. To be fair, one could spend the entire visit sitting on the observation deck simply staring at the ever changing views provided by the mountains, clouds and sunlight.



The rooms were equipped with balconies and views and the shared spaces were feasts for the eyes with their sharp design and creative aesthetic. You couldn’t help but feel as though you were tucked away in your own little chalet. The food and wine selections were unbelievable and most of the staff were more than happy to help you with a selection if you were simply overwhelmed by the many options on the menu.



Like The Stamba, The Rooms Hotel tipped it’s hat to the publishing world by featuring vintage Georgian movie posters in nearly every corner of the hotel. Going on a little scavenger hunt to see the various featured posters was a must. While snooping around at the movie posters, I even found an American Angus poster—the only one with English on it. I couldn’t believe my eyes!



It became a little inside joke that The Rooms Hotel felt a little like an upscale hostel. Maybe I should say very upscale, to be more accurate. There were no shared bathrooms or eating cereal in the community kitchen, but the living rooms and dining rooms were always overly crowded, loud and kind of a free for all in finding a place to sit and eat. The party vibe didn’t necessarily match the the serene atmosphere or sticker price, but it was manageable.



Breakfast on the other hand was nothing short of a cattle call with long lines, inefficient management and little understanding for wanting to eat hot food when it is served hot and not once you are able to get through a tedious line. Multiple times we ordered items that never arrived and the process for ordering was as frustrating as going to the DMV. Despite the crisp mountain air and meditative scenery, it was almost a guarantee that your day would start on a stressful note simply because you had to eat breakfast at The Rooms.



Despite the difficulty in finding a place to sit and eat, getting food service and the constant hum of noise and activity, I would still recommend staying at The Rooms hotel in Kazbegi because of it’s location, witty decor, helpful staff and priceless views.





***For more stories and photos about our travels, please follow along on Facebook at Valeri Crenshaw and on Instagram at Valerispassport!***


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement












Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb