The Terracotta Warriors


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 26th 2006
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Choosing TerryChoosing TerryChoosing Terry

Choosing my new friend!
Geo: 33.9184, 108.719

This time I got a guided tour from Nicky, one of our volunteers working at the museum and was able to get much more out of the trip than just the initial wow factor. I didn't realise there are 6000 warriors in total, most of which had been uncovered and then covered up again to protect them before they are taken to the warrior hospital where all the thousands of warrior jigsaw pieces are put back together. I also got to hear of the Maesoleum and the stories surrounding it i.e. Rivers of Mercury. All is yet to be excavated! The Chinese see no rush and don't want foreign help. It's exciting to think what else may be down there. In the future (when they eventually get round to excavating!) the Terracotta Warriors may seem like nothing. But for the time being they never fail to amaze me even though I now visit the museum once a month for work (it's a hard life!!) I even have my own lifesize Terracotta warrior (Terry) guarding the door of The Volunteer House! Was quite entertaining watching him get up 12 flights of stairs! Only in China could you get away with it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Terracotta Warrior Boys!The Terracotta Warrior Boys!
The Terracotta Warrior Boys!

The poor souls we took off the street to carry Terry up the 12 flights of stairs!


Tot: 0.493s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb