Ningbo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 18th 2015
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.88, 121.55

Once again, we were up at 6.30am, so much for being on holidays and relaxing, this just doesn't seem to happen to us, we had our breakfast delivered to our room, we cleaned up a bit and got ready, then headed down to the Ground floor to wait for someone to pick us up, today we are going to a Motorised Curtain Motor factory, which was about half an hour away from Ningbo, right on time we were collected by a driver who doesn't speak any English, so the journey to the factory was very quiet. We arrived finally to their almost brand new factory, unfortunately their lift was getting repaired, so 6 flights of stairs later, we got to the Meeting Room, and we were offered tea and coffee. We looked at lots of products available, Clint loves anything with a remote, so he was in awe! After discussing what we are going to be interested in, we were then taken on a factory tour. This factory was massive with 2600 employees, many of them living on site. There were many workers on production line, all will quality assurance, workers dressed in different uniforms to indicate at what level they were, eg, worker, inspector, supervisor and it was run extremely well and clean. There were many machines here, unbelievable to see all this in action. We saw some stages of the curtain motor being tested, every motor is tested before packing. By now, it was lunch time, we went to where all the worker go for meals, but we were put in our own room and again, so much food came out onto the table, which is where we all share from the lazy Susan in the middle. Can't believe how much food is always left, they must always think we eat big, but we don't, there is always so much food left over, hopefully the leftovers get eaten. After lunch, we went back to the meeting room, and discussed final things before getting driven back to our Hotel. We change into casual clothes, then went for a casual walk exploring the city of Ningbo. Back to the room to freshen up, then we went for dinner across the road where we dined at Pizza Hut!! Clint always has to try a pizza wherever he goes, and I had a nice pasta dish. After dinner, we walked around the shops, always some shops open, but we just window shopped as our bags were already heavy, and just no more room to squeeze anything in. It's good just to walk dinner off, but then we had an ice cream!!

We went back to the room, made sure we had packed all our bags, and sat down for a quiet drink, with Clint falling asleep not long after we got back. An early sort of night, 10.30pm as we have to fly out at 9am in the morning to Taipei. Night!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb