Imperial Palace


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
August 24th 2006
Published: September 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Forbidden City is a must at the north end of T.S, just to get a taste of life in the imperial times. It dates from the Ming dynasty, about the 15th century. About 24 emperors lived here and by all accounts rarely left the place. Also the chinese people weren't allowed access. They had fabulously ornate ceremonial halls and beautiful gardens with pavilions, ancient trees, ponds and walkways. They developed an extraordinary taste for luxury and excess. We spent the whole day here. Unfortunately at the moment it is under construction as a lge part of Beijing.

in Jinshang Park, north of the Forbidden City, we ducked under the barriers and into the construction site, followingthese chinese people. The we all stood upn the scaffolding of this pagoda, looking down on one of the best views over Beijing.

It's a shame all the reconstruction going in the city. Alot of the sites are covered and we, on a few occasions, faithfully followed directions to a place only to find it had been completely demolished.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb