Leaving Xian


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
May 19th 2015
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day8-9 We arrived back in Shanghai. Long journey back by bus which took about 10 hours due to the traffic. Snail pace and not really good on a bus which had seen better days. The stops for toilets and food left a lot to be desired.

We caught the maglev train which reaches speeds of 431 km per hour. It was like going on an ekka ride. Over before you knew it but something you really have to experience. For a country where in some areas the technology has gone ahead in leaps and bounds, in other areas they are so far behind. We visited the "old china town" at night which was very beautiful. It again was very much like the ekka, packed with people, appears to be lots of locals, or possibly chinese from different areas, but not many Europeans or other nationalities this night. Also went to the Museum which was very good, had lots of displays on the history of all the different regions.

Day 10 Flew from Shanghai to Xian. Flight was delayed and arrived just after lunch.

Straight from the airport we visited the Wild Goose Pagoda. The ancient City Wall and the Museum. Also visited a famous Moslem Street which was packed with food stalls and souvenir shops. Arrived at the hotel to check in and half hour rest before dinner. This is what the trip has been like. Full on with no time to relax. But what we have seen has been truly amazing and enjoyed every minute. Very tired at the end of every day.

Day 11 ... Terracotta Warriors.. What can I say... there are no words to describe it. Amazing. Just does not do it justice. Spent most of the day at the site and museum.

Went to a famous chinese show and had 16 course dumplings for dinner. Excellent way to finish a sensational day.



Really enjoyed our stay in Xian. Must be by far our most favourite city so far that we have visited. So many highlights.



Day 12 We are leaving Xian today to fly to Yichang. Here we board the boat (I think it is the Goddess 2) to go down the Yangtze River. Hoping we can relax a little and have some rest before the flight home. We have 3 days/4nights on the cruise and than disembark at Chongqing - stay overnight and then fly home. Almost at the end of an incredible holiday.



Will have no internet once on the boat so will update travelblog once off the boat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb