B4 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in China, and how does it differ from Christianity?

China's government allows people to freely worship in any religion that they wish too. Thus, China became a multi-religious country. The four major religions in China consist of Buddhism, Islamism, Christianity, and lastly Taoism. With all of these religions that are being followed, some are larger than others, China has become a largely diverse country and is continuing to develop as one as well. China is embracing many types of religions.

The Religions the were embraced by China are different from Christianity. Some religions in China are mostly followed due to that religion being there the longest. For example, Buddhism which has been in China for around 2,000 years and is still going on and is continuing to grow. Anyway the major differences between some of the religions also followed in China other than Christianity are the belief of polytheism. With this said the idea of many gods is normal to them. In addition the ways that their religions worship are different as in Buddhism the way to gain full fulfillment was to experience everything, even things that caused pain. Thus there were many differences between the major religions in China from the religion of Christianity.





Information gathered from: http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/religion.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb