A2 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are popular forms of art in China? How do artist express themselves here?

The most popular forms of art that are displayed in China are arts of Buddhism and Buddhist. The term Buddha refers to the "enlightened one." The arts of Buddhism express good thoughts, intentions, and consistent living style. Not only do Buddhism express those ideas, it portrays a cycle of rebirth. These forms of art are made with various objects like brick, wood, thatch, and bamboo, and stone. Buddhism and Buddhist arts also shown as a form of gods that people worship and believe in, which make them important in the culture of China.

Some of the common sports that are played throughout the world comes from China. The popular sports that were played in China back in the old time were hunting, archery, row racing, and jiaod (a sport similar to wrestling). These sports were mainly performed in a octagon spiral like building. The wall of the building represented the athletes of China peak to reach. These were games that were played daily, and it gave the people of China a time to enjoy themselves during this time period.







http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/budd/hd_budd.htm

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/weekly/aa032301a.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb